98 per cent of people seen by the Keeping Well Service say that it helped them understand and address their difficulties better.
The Keeping Well Service is here to help over 50,000 members of staff working in the NHS, residential homes and care facilities across north west London through any difficulties they are facing during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and beyond.
Since the launch in June, the service has helped over 550 care professionals to manage conditions such as depression, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and various other mental health and wellbeing concerns, with an overwhelming majority of staff finding the support beneficial. The recovery rate for people using the service is also higher than the average for talking therapies services at 66.9 per cent with 98 per cent of people saying it has helped them to understand and address difficulties better.
Feedback from staff who have used the Keeping Well Service - a partnership between Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and West London NHS Trust - includes:
- “I had the most amazing journey with my therapist from start to finish. It was very daunting at first but very gently and over time the connection and understanding we shared was exceptional. I would highly recommend this service.
- “The therapist has been really helpful and respectful at all times. They have listened to what I have said and understood what I was saying and suggested ideas to help me improve my mood. It's been really helpful. It's a shame it's only for 4 weeks
- “The service provision has been exemplary and supportive throughout, with focus on the person and what is right for them, rather than it being focussed towards what is available.
- “I was pleasantly surprised with a professionalism and efficiency as well as ability of the assessor to normalise my experience, offer compassionate an empathic support and accurately answer all my questions and put me forward for my preferred treatment option.
- "It has opened my eyes to speak to someone not in my family and that helps. I needed to be listened to and I learned a lot. I find that I have emptied out a portion of pain that I could not get rid of. It's not there any more and I am now moving on."
- "The service was fantastic. I couldn't fault the care I received at all. Very grateful. I feel that the results have been better than any other previous therapy I have received. It's made a real positive impact."
- "Extremely helpful. The clinician I was working with was able to tailor the sessions to what I needed. Which was especially helpful through the pandemic when I continued working on the wards and my needs changed."
The service is not only for mental health conditions caused by Covid-19, you can contact Keeping Well for any pre-existing difficulties too such as difficulties sleeping, fear of needles, feeling isolated. They can arrange an appointment around your shift pattern to make sure you get the support you need at the time you need it.
The service also has self-help material and videos which you can access in the resources section - get started today!