Looking after your own mental health and wellbeing is an important part of being a parent and carer. Parenting is a full time job - as well as the rewards it can be tiring and stressful. If you feel low or stressed - it can feel even harder.
You may worry that you will be judged, and people will think you are not able to be a good parent because you are finding things hard.
Watch this short video by the Centre for Parent and Child Support below that provides a brief 'Being a Parent' summary:
Action for Children provide parenting advice on a wide range of issues.
Care for the Family provides support specifically for single parents, couples, and those struggling with bereavement.
Co-Dependents Anonymous is a 12-step programme to improve relationships in which co-dependency has caused problems.
Contact a Family provides support to parents caring for a child with a disability or specific health conditions.
Family Action assist families overcome the effects of poverty through providing practical, emotional and financial support.
Family Lives is a 24 hour helpline for anyone involved in caring for children, including within stepfamilies.
Gingerbread provides support for single parents through a listening service. They can provide advice on your rights and responsibilities as a single parent, as well as legal advice.
- Best For You: Connecting young people and their families with the mental health support they need. It includes information about mental health, digital tools for people across the UK, and innovative mental health services for young people in North West London.
- NSPCC: Find parenting tips for all stages of your child's life, as well as advice on how to deal with difficult situations.
- YoungMinds: Parents A-Z guide to support: Follow this A-Z guide for advice on how to help your child with their feelings and behaviour, as well as mental health conditions and life events. You can also read the parents survival guide.
- Empowering Parents Empowering Communities (EPEC): Youtube channel covers different topics relating to the challenges of parenthood.
- Cityparents: Has expert-led resources that support parents and professionals in their work and home lives.