On this page, click below to learn about staff support services available within the NHS to you and your team.
If you would like to include information about your organisation's staff support and wellbeing offer here then please get in touch.
For support by your profession, please click here.
North West London NHS organisations
Advise on the prevention of illness and injury at work,and promote wellbeing for staff. They provide confidential advice and support to all staff. Open Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
People at Work (EAP)
People at Work can offer counselling sessions, workplace coaching and team mediation.
Telephone: 020 3286 1545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Counselling Service (non EAP)
Staff here have access to psychologists and counsellors, who you can speak to confidentially about work-related or personal issues. The service is free for staff and self-referrals are accepted.
- Team supervision
- Debrief or resilience session
- Individual therapy and training for managers
Advise on the prevention of illness and injury at work, and promote wellbeing for staff. They provide confidential advice and support to all staff. Open Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Telephone: 020 8321 5044
Chelsea and Westminster:
Telephone: 020 3315 8330
Telephone: 03303 800 658
Psychological Therapy Service
Advise on the prevention of illness and injury at work, and promote wellbeing for staff. They provide confidential advice and support to all staff.
Telephone: 01895 279313
Counsellors that offer psychological and emotional support. They also have a 24 hour employee assistance helpline. Six sessions of counselling over 12 months.
Telephone: 03303 800 658
Telephone: 020 3313 7010
CONTACT - internal counselling service (not an EAP)
Offers staff counselling, emotional wellbeing groups, conflict services, team health sessions, consultive supervision, training, trauma debriefs and support groups. CONTACT also have a staff liaison officer and can provide leaflets on a variety of topics. Please see here for more detail about these individual services.
- Hammersmith or Charing Cross Hospitals: 020 3313 2747
- St Mary's: 020 3312 1519
With access to confidential help, support, and advice about everything from bereavement to money worries, our employee assistance programme has you covered.
Telephone: 020 8869 2580 (Northwick Park Hospital) or 020 8967 5703 (Ealing)
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Telephone: 0800 028 0199 to access free counselling and other services. You don’t need to be referred by our occupational health team.
Offer support for issues such as medical information, family issues, relationship advice, consumer issues, drugs and alcohol issues, legal information, bereavement support,counselling, stress and anxiety, childcare support, financial wellbeing and tenancy and housing concerns.
Telephone (24 hour support): 0800 0280199
Managers and Leaders coaching support
Nicole consulting help individuals and teams reach their full potential through facilitating team support (and one to one coaching) sessions, which:
- provide a space for teams to reflect, refresh and reconnect (includes the impact of Covid-19)
- lead to a deeper understanding of each others' personalities, strengths and challenges
- enhance the development of a deeper mutual trust
- challenge conventional thinking
- build better communication
- lead to the creation of a high performing/supportive team mind-set
They produce a weekly newsletter sent to all staff, you can also follow the team on social media @LNW_wellbeing for all latest Trust initiatives to support a healthier you.
Team support sessions
Led by trained facilitators, they offer a safe space for teams to be 'listened' to, discuss what has been happening, how people are feeling, and share any concerns. To book a session, please contact email@example.com
Staff counselling (EAP)
Individuals are invited for a one off, one-to-one confidential support session. If difficulties are complex a programme over several sessions may be agreed and formalised. Individuals can refer themselves, be referred by their line manager or Occupational Health. Also offers Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD).
St Bernard's Wing and Broadmoor Hospital: 020 8354 8177
Health at Work (Occupational Health)
If an employee has a long term sickness absence (3 weeks continuously or more) they should be referred to OH and a meeting should be arranged with them.
Telephone: 020 8354 8919 Broadmoor Hospital only: 01344 754310
London Ambulance Service
London Ambulance Service Wellbeing Hub
Telephone: 0203 162 7554, 8am – 10pm 7 days a week.
- Occupational Health: 0800 882 4102 (PAM Assist self referral counselling service)
- LINC Peer Support Network:0207 922 7539 (Emergency on call number)
- The Ambulance Service Charity (TASC): Provides a range of services to support the mental health, physical rehabilitation, and financial wellbeing of the UK’s ambulance staff, their family members, students, and ambulance service volunteers. Visit the website or contact 0800 1032999 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Association of Ambulance Chief Executives: This organisation offer a range of support. You can find their dedicated mental health and wellbeing webpage here.
- Supporting Hospital and Paramedic Employees (SHAPE): SHAPE is an outreach programme that offers evidence-based wellbeing support to frontline staff and access to treatment as needed. SHAPE Recovery, which supports hospital and paramedic employees during and after COVID. Visit their website